An insurance adjuster has ruled a fire that started on a wood deck at the rear of a Dilworth, Minn., house was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette. The house looked unscathed from the front, but a look at the back showed devastating damage to the home's interior. It was a total loss. Heat from the blaze also caused $7,000 in damages to vinyl siding on two adjacent homes. Firefighters were called to the house about 4 a.m. and contained the fire in less than a half-hour. The homeowner and his wife had hosted guests the previous night, the last of whom left by about 10:30. The family awoke to the smell of smoke at 3 the next morning. The couple and their two children escaped unharmed. Read More